Thanks to your calls and emails, we won a victory for gifted funding!
The following updates came Ann Sheldon from the Ohio Association of Gifted Children:
1. "Against the wishes of the House Finance Chair and Vice Chair, Rep. Maag introduced a floor amendment for gifted maintenance of effort. The amendment passed 56 - 42! Gifted isn't saved, but it is in a better position as we move to the Senate!!!
2. "Good work, Medina parents. The Speaker (from Medina) voted for the amendment when the majority of his caucus did not!!!! On to the Senate...." We've won a victory, but the battle continues...
NEXT STEPS: Please reach out to Senator Obhof. It will only take 3 minutes to do the following:
Send an email to Senator Obhof (Email: SD22@senate.state.oh.us):
· In the subject line, type “Gifted Amendment - Senate Support"
· Discuss how gifted services have been cut in our district
· Ask that he support the amendment for gifted funding that was just passed in the House with the support of Speaker Batchelder
Make phone calls to the Senator Obhof (Phone: (614) 466-7505):
· You will likely get voice mail or an aide who will answer.
· Ensure you leave a message. As always, please be polite.
· Ask him to support the amendment for gifted funding that was just passed in the House with the support of Speaker Batchelder
Thank you so much for your continued support.
Parents (voters) do make a difference.