Starting Kindergarten can be an overwhelming experience for both the child and the parent. In order to make for a smooth transition, we will follow this schedule for Kindergarten:
- Wednesday, August 31: NO SCHOOL for incoming kindergarten students.
- Thursday, September 1: Kindergarten students attend school for 1/2 day in the morning. Students arrive 8:00-8:30 am. School starts at 8:30 am. One parent (or other adult) is invited to take the student into the classroom and stay for a fun activity from 8:30 – 9:15 am, at which time the adult will be dismissed. The Kindergarten student should be picked up at 11:30 am, which is just before lunch.
- Friday, September 2: Kindergarten students attend school for the morning (arrival 8:00-8:30 am) AND stay for lunch/recess. Adults should pick the students up at 1:00 pm.
- Monday, September 5: Holiday: NO SCHOOL.
- Tuesday, September 6: Typical FULL day for kindergarten students (arrival from 8:00-8:30 am, dismissal at 3:15 pm).
So, kindergarten parents, what are you going to do on the day your child is in school for only three hours? Several parents of past kindergarteners have volunteered to lead a coffee hour September 1st at the local Baskin Robbins/Dunkin Donuts (16204 Lorain Avenue, Cleveland - (216) 812-3865). If you have questions about what to expect as the parent of an MPA student, want to make suggestions about how to make the process easier on future students, or just need a shoulder to cry on while your baby has his or her first day of school, this is the place to be. Drop by the store between 9:30 am and 11 am – we hope to see you there!